Last Updated on
Invisalign is unique. Poor teeth alignment or malocclusion is an issue that has affected several individuals for a long time now. For several years, metal braces have been used, yet they are not exactly a favorite of most young individuals. The silver spotlight on the teeth is something that many people hate. However, the need to have straight teeth has always been worth the sacrifice.
Poor teeth alignment or malocclusion is an issue that has affected several individuals for a long time now. For several years, metal braces have been used, yet they are not exactly a favorite of most young individuals. The silver spotlight on the teeth is something that many people hate. However, the need to have straight teeth has always been worth the sacrifice.
Figure this out; what if you have straight teeth without having to make such a sacrifice? Isn’t that wonderful? Orthodontists have always come up with new technologies to see to it that people have healthier and more beautiful smiles. Braces are also being improved. It is possible to have invisible bracelets, and yes, Invisalign is the way to go.
What is Invisalign?
Many have described it as the ‘invisible’ treatment or the treatment that offers beauty without metal. The system, which became known in approximately 1997, is a unique dental straightening process that provides the same effect as braces, only that they are more comfortable to use. Models of a patient’s teeth are used to make distinctive trays adjust the teeth. After every two weeks, the trays are replaced with new ones to continue moving the teeth until a flawless smile is realized.
How Does It Work?
The designing of the liners involves the use of a 3-Dimension computer imaging program that duplicates the precise positioning of the teeth so as to determine how they need to be placed. The computer program then uses this copy to make a 3-D print. It uses a plastic material that is thin but durable. The print is now used to make the liners that are used for the straightening of the teeth.
What Makes It Unique From Others?
- There are many features of this teeth alignment procedure that makes it unique from other teeth alignment methods. The first aspect is that they consist of plastic aligners. Other methods consist of metal brackets. Therefore, this method offers high comfort levels as compared to the traditional methods.
- Another advantage is accrued to the fact that they can be removed. This option is not available with other methods. The flexibility allows the patient to perform various hygienic tasks such as flossing and brushing teeth. This way, the patient can also remove them when having his or her meals. Chewing is easier and more efficient without braces on. In addition, no particles are left stuck in the teeth thus it becomes easier to clean the teeth.
- Another benefit is the fact that these liners are invisible. Unlike the traditional methods, nobody will know that you are trying to adjust your smile. Being able to hide the dental work is essential in improving self-confidence and making the treatment exercise more comfortable.
- Another benefit is that they take less time to heal. In most cases, traditional braces have taken about two or three years to recover. With this method, however, it usually takes a year or less than a year to recover. However, sometimes the healing time may differ from one patient to another.
- Traditional braces have been found to cause slurred speech, cuts inside the mouth and other types of irritations. Although this method may also cause some of these problems, it is not to a large extent as that of the traditional ones. In fact, no pain is felt. Therefore, this increases the comfort that is experienced.
- With this technology, you do not have to change your lifestyle. While traditional methods tend to limit the activities that one can participate in such as playing instruments, getting involved in sporting activities, eating the kinds of things that you love as well as other activities, this technology does not stop you from doing what you love.
- Many adults who did not get the chance to align their teeth at a younger age may be thinking that nothing can be done. Well, they have the wrong impression. Though the traditional braces may not be suitable for them, this technology is appropriate. There is no age limitation.
Looking For a Beautiful Smile?
If you live in Nashville, TN and you want to have Invisalign these braces on, then you will be glad to know that the service is offered near you! However, before you get started, you ought to understand that not all orthodontists can implement the system. Only trained orthodontists can offer the service as required. Dr. Gluck is a trained Platinum Level Invisalign orthodontist in Nashville, TN.
Once you have settled for a certified expert, you can now get started. The process can be broken down into five easy steps:
Meet the Orthodontist
This step involves getting a professional consultation. The expert will determine whether the system will work for the patient. If yes, the patient is then given all information regarding the method and the process. If the patient feels it is okay, then they can move to the next step.
Develop a personalized plan
Every patient has a unique teeth alignment. That is why orthodontists have to work with each of their patients so as to come up with a suitable personalized plan. The expert then creates customized liners.
Have the liners fitted
The liners might be complete in a few days. Once they are received, the patient is called to the professional’s office to have them fitted. Once in every two weeks, they require being changed.
Apart from going to have them changed after two weeks, one has to go for an appointment after six weeks. One should wear the liners for not less than 20 hours in a day. The teeth become aligned gradually until the desired effect is achieved.
Get that beautiful smile!
The treatment may take about a year. The beauty of it is that the patient will have a glorious smile to show after the entire process is done.
Contact Us Today for an Appointment
Nothing is going to change about your smile until you take action. Call today to learn more about what the best orthodontist in Nashville TN can offer you. Enjoy the professional and inviting atmosphere at Gluck Orthodontics as you are welcomed into the office. Dr. Gluck and his staff will strive to make you comfortable and keep you well-informed about all of your orthodontic options.
Remember that your choice to have orthodontic treatment will give you a boost of confidence and make your smile shine. You’ll also be able to have better oral hygiene and avoid problems like TMJ disorders due to a poor bite or misalignment of your teeth. Dr. Joel Gluck & Dr. Jonathan Gluck are here for you to bring out the best in you.
Make your appointment today and enjoy the “Gluck Experience.”
2002 Richard Jones Road
Suite A-200 Nashville
What Makes Invisalign Unique?