Massaging Invisalign aligners. As the years progress, there has been an increasing number of children and teenagers who opt for the Invisalign system to straighten their teeth. Contrary to traditional braces, Invisalign offers increased comfort, appearance, and safety for many patients. This revolutionary system uses many sets of Invisalign aligners and attachments to position the teeth in the correct position. In this post, we’ll show you the art of massaging Invisalign aligners on teeth. Let’s get doing!
Most people are unaware that massaging the aligners on a daily basis can significantly expedite the teeth straightening process. While the massaging procedure is the best way to straighten teeth faster, there are other techniques that will also lead to a beautiful smile. The following proven procedures promote smooth and quick teeth straightening process.
People also ask
- Do chewies really help Invisalign?
- How often should you use chewies with Invisalign?
- Can you speed up Invisalign?
- Why does my Invisalign feel loose?
Massaging Invisalign Aligners, Really?
Massaging Invisalign aligners means, the process involves adhering attachments to the teeth, which are ultimately designed to help the aligners grip better. Almost instantly after the Invisalign system is in place, the specialist will explain the techniques used to ensure that the teeth shift in a desirable way also known as the massaging procedure.
For the first three days after receiving a new set of aligners, use the thumb and finger to move the aligner closer to the attachment. This simple massaging technique should be repeated at least once a day. The procedure is so simple and easy that it can even be performed while relaxing on the bed.
Biting on Chewies
Along with the massaging procedure, there are other routines that will promote optimal teeth straightening. Biting on chewies, which are cylindrical pieces with a super soft texture, can also help keep the aligners in place. Bite the chewies with all of the teeth to affect the entire set of aligners.
The main advantage of using chewies is that they can shift the teeth in a more predictable manner quickly. Repeat this straightening technique several times a day in 15-minute sessions. The chewies can be ordered online, they are not made at the same place as the aligners.
Flossing the Teeth
Although flossing may not play a huge role in straightening the teeth, the procedure is crucial to supporting excellent overall oral health. Take the aligners off for cleaning and floss the teeth for one to two minutes to remove bacteria that result in bad breath. Floss at least once a day.
Wear the aligners properly and quicken the straightening process. Most specialists advise patients to only wear their aligners for 22 hours each day. Spend the two hours that the aligners are not in place eating meals and cleaning the teeth. Aside from consuming food and practicing good oral care, the aligners should always be in place. A good tip is to set a timer, then place the aligners back into the mouth at the appropriate time.
What’s the Bottom Line?
- Consider using a removal tool to remove the trays effortlessly. A removal tool is especially useful for women who have had manicures or men who simply do not want to reach into their mouths to take out the aligners.
- Because the trays are kept in place for 22 hours, the mouth is likely to accumulate unpleasant bacteria. Soak the trays in a cleaning solution during mealtimes to prevent the buildup of harmful bacteria. A few great cleaners are a diluted mouthwash solution or denture tablets.
- When the aligners are placed in the mouth, ensure that they are grabbing on to the attachments. Think of the coffee cup analogy: If a lid is simply placed on a coffee cup and not firmly pushed down, the coffee is likely to spill over eventually. Push the aligners securely on the attachments before proceeding with any other activity.
- Never bite them into place. Instead, gently massage the aligners into the attachments.
- Wear the elastics as instructed by the orthodontist.
- The aligners should only feel tight in the mouth for the first three to four days. The aligners should eventually loosen with time, but inform the orthodontist if this isn’t the case.
- If the aligners are causing the teeth to be really sore, try using an electric toothbrush to massage the sore areas.
- Always carry a hygiene kit for unexpected situations.
Here’s the Kicker
For those who would like to finish this type of treatment quickly, they should consider changing the aligners often. Many patients will need to change their aligners at least every two weeks, but this could vary based on many factors. Make sure to adhere to the schedule that the specialist recommended, thus, producing the most desirable results.
Gluck Orthodontics in Nashville, Tennessee completely understands the importance of a beautiful smile; as a result, the office offers exceptional straightening services for children and teens. Even though braces are still an option for most youth, many kids may want to try a dental system that is much more modern. With the Gluck Experience where patients have the opportunity to enjoy unprecedented treatments in a kid-friendly atmosphere. Additionally, Dr. Gluck always uses the most sophisticated technology and carefully selected materials to provide a unique service for every patient undergoing Invisalign treatment.
Contact Gluck Orthodontics today to learn more about straightening the teeth faster by using simple massaging Invisalign aligners techniques and other key exercises to encourage a Hollywood smile. Those who are interested in this type of service, ask the orthodontist about additional important oral health routines.
Since the office prides itself on positively transforming their patients’ smiles, the staff is more than willing to answer any questions related to their fantastic treatment options. As one of the top dental practices in the area, Dr. Gluck, and his expert team will make sure children and teens succeed with their dental health needs.
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation. Also, link in Twitter over @gluckorthoTN
2125 Blakemore Avenue
Phone: 615 269 5903
Massaging Invisalign Aligners [Over Your Teeth]
Dr. Joel Gluck has practiced orthodontics since 1983 when he opened his own office in Nashville. He earned his undergraduate degree at Washington University in St. Louis, and his dental degree at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Gluck then completed an orthodontic specialty residency at the University of Michigan, one of the top five orthodontic training residencies in the country. He also wrote an original thesis and received a Master of Science degree.