Are you thinking about orthodontic treatment with clear aligners? When exploring this option, it is important to know that the outcome of this type of treatment is only as good as the Doctor who is creating the customized treatment plan. Choosing a Clear Aligner Doctor who is an orthodontic specialist is extremely crucial to make sure you are receiving the best treatment. Both Dr. Joel Gluck and Dr. Jonathan Gluck are Board-Certified Orthodontic Specialists, meaning they completed Dental School, followed by an additional 2-3 years of Orthodontic Residency. They also have treated over 1500 patients with clear aligners. Currently, they are Invisalign Diamond Providers, which puts them in the Top 1% of all Invisalign Doctors in the United States.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign consists of comfortable flexible plastic trays that are custom fabricated especially for you. They are indeed invisible. You would be able to get your teeth straightened without anyone seeing that you are wearing anything! Invisalign works for adults and teens. Due to their extensive experience and expertise with Invisalign, Drs. Joel and Jonathan “Jono” Gluck are comfortable treating just about every patient with Invisalign. Everyone is a candidate!
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. Using a modern approach to straightening teeth. Dr. Gluck and Dr. Jono will straighten your teeth using a custom-made set of aligners that are manufactured by Invisalign. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements Dr. Gluck and Dr. Jono have programmed for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. Each set of trays are worn for one week, until your treatment is complete. You will visit Dr. Gluck and Dr. Jono once every 10-12 weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 12-18 months. Upon completion of treatment, you will achieve the confident smile that you’ve always wanted.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Clear –virtually undetectable aligners. This allows you to straighten your teeth without anyone ever noticing that you’re going through treatment.
- Removable –You can remove aligners to eat, drink, brush, or for that special occasion. Because you can remove aligners, there are no foods to avoid and you can maintain your current dental hygiene regimen.
- Easy –No longer do you need to have dental impressions taken for Invisalign in our practice. Gluck Orthodontics utilizes digital impression technology that is way more comfortable!
- Effective – Gluck and Dr. Jono have so much experience with clear aligners that they are confident they can successfully treatment just about any patient!
- Customized –Invisalign aligners are customized just for you! Dr. Gluck and Dr. Jono will create an individual treatment plan that will result in your perfect smile!
- Less Time –Generally, you will spend less time in our office, with short appointments every 10-12. If you have a hectic work schedule or even live out of town, Invisalign is great for longer appointment intervals.
- Comfortable –There are no wires to poke or brackets to break. Invisalign is made of a smooth, comfortable material, which means there is little chance of an orthodontic emergency.
iTero™ Digital Impression System
Conventional vs Digital Impressions
No more goop, gagging, or discomfort! Using an iTero™ Element scanner, our scanning technician takes a highly accurate digital impression. The new technology completely eliminates the tray and putty impressions where the experience is comparable to stuffing a big wad of gum in your mouth. The old technique is unpleasant and frequently results in taking multiple rounds of impressions that can be rejected, inaccurate, or misplaced. The iTero Element scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start, resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
How Does it Work?
The iTero Element scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once the scanning process begins, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser and in as little as ten minutes renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software you’ll then be able to follow the progress of the scans including a three-dimensional model of your teeth on our computer screen.
To schedule your Invisalign consultation and get started on the journey to your new smile, contact our Nashville office.