Congratulations on starting your orthodontic journey with Invisalign aligners! Our practice has successfully treated thousands of patients with Invisalign and we’re excited to take care of you! Our Legendary Gluck Orthodontics Team is dedicated to helping you achieve the smile you desire, and we want to ensure that you have all the information you need to care for your Invisalign aligners. Below you’ll find a comprehensive guide on maintaining and maximizing the benefits of your Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign Care Instructions
1. Wearing Your Aligners:
- Full-time wear: The aligners must be worn as close to 20-22 hours per day as possible in order for treatment to be successful. Do not change to a new aligner unless it fits perfectly. This is by far the most important aspect of successful aligner treatment.
- Massaging the attachments: To avoid ill-fitting aligners, massage the aligner material over each attachment every time the aligners have been out of the mouth for any reason, regardless of how short a time it may have been.
- Check Tracking: The aligner should always fit perfectly over the teeth and attachments. If there is any “air space,” contract our office immediately for guidance.
- Use the aligner case: Always store your aligners in the provided case when not in use to avoid loss or damage.
2. Cleaning Your Aligners:
- Rinse regularly: Rinse your aligners under lukewarm water every time you remove them.
- Use the right cleaning products: Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and an unscented anti-microbial hand soap. Clean your aligners twice a day – morning and evening.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Do not use colored or scented soaps as they may leave residue or odor and may degrade the plastic prematurely.
3. Eating and Drinking:
- Remove for eating: Take your aligners out to eat. Make sure to put them in the case so they don’t get lost or thrown away.
- Drinking with aligners: You may drink while wearing your aligners. Colored drinks (eg. coffee and soda) may stain your aligners. Do not drink excessive acidic or sugary drinks with the aligners in. This may lead to an increased risk of cavities.
- Rinse aligners before reinsertion: After meals, ensure that your teeth and aligners are clean before putting them back in.
4. Switching to New Aligners:
- Change your aligners every week: You should plan to change to a new aligner every week. It’s up to you to pick your “change day” based on what works with your schedule.
- Keep old aligners: Store the previous set of aligners as a backup or in case your orthodontist needs to review them. Do not throw away any of your previous aligners unless your orthodontist says it’s ok.
- Lost aligner? If you lose an aligner, wear the next sequential aligner and add on the extra days you missed. If this happens once or twice during treatment, it’s ok. If you lose multiple aligners, contact our office for guidance.
Regular Check-ups at Gluck Orthodontics
Staying on track with your Invisalign treatment requires regular visits to our practice. Our team will monitor your progress, answer any questions, and provide the next set of aligners. If you miss an appointment, it’s important to reschedule as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about your Invisalign care, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (615)-269-5903 or via our online form. We’re here to support you every step of the way in achieving your perfect smile.
Experience Invisalign at Gluck Orthodontics
Ready to embark on your smile transformation journey? Schedule your consultation today, include an Invisalign Outcome Simulation, and discover why Gluck Orthodontics is Nashville’s choice for Invisalign treatment.