- 1 When Will You be Open?
- 2 What if I Have an Appointment Next Week?
- 3 What do I do about myself or my child who is in braces?
- 4 If I Am an Invisalign Patient, Should I Keep Changing Out my Trays?
- 5 What if I am in Invisalign and Need New Trays?
- 6 What if I have an Emergency?
- 7 What if I Lose my Retainer?
- 8 What if I Have a Wire Poking?
- 9 How Can I Get in Touch with You?
When Will You be Open?
The office is closed until April 30th for now. This is a rapidly changing situation and new updates come out frequently. We are closely monitoring the CDC, Tennessee State Government, and recommendations from the Tennessee Dental Association. As we get more information, we will announce our date to reopen.
What if I Have an Appointment Next Week?
Although our physical office is closed, we are doing our best to remain accessible digitally. If you have an appointment between now and April 30th, someone from our team will contact you to check in. At that time they will also reschedule your appointment so you will have a time reserved. We are still seeing patients who have orthodontic emergencies and can make accommodations to see you in the office if necessary. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
What do I do about myself or my child who is in braces?
For our patients in braces, we recommend that you do your best to maintain excellent oral hygiene and take care of the braces. We have created a YouTube video that provides further instructions as well.
If I Am an Invisalign Patient, Should I Keep Changing Out my Trays?
We have updated our guidance for Invisalign patients. The decision for how to proceed depends on where you are in your treatment.
- For patients who are somewhere in the middle of treatment, and do not have any Interproximal Reduction scheduled, please proceed with regular week changes, as long as the aligners are fitting perfectly.
- For patients who do have Interproximal Reduction prescribed in your treatment, the doctors request that you stop advancing through the aligners, and stay in the existing aligner. One of the doctors will do their best to reach you to review the instructions. We have provided more detailed instructions in the following YouTube video:
- For patients who are near the end of their set of aligners or will run out of aligners while the office remains closed, please review the instructions in the following YouTube video:
While our office remains closed we are working to schedule virtual appointments for Invisalign patients to make sure things are progressing smoothly. If you have questions whether or not the aligners are fitting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.
What if I am in Invisalign and Need New Trays?
If you have reached the end of the set of aligners, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will contact you to make a plan. We will likely ask you to stay in your last aligner until we are able to see you in the office for a new digital impression. If we have additional aligners for you in the office, we will attempt to ship them to you.
What if I have an Emergency?
Please call the office emergency number (615) 815-7980 and we will see if we can handle it over the phone. If a visit to the office is required, we will make arrangements to meet you there.
What if I Lose my Retainer?
Until we reopen, we are not able to see patients to take impressions (digital or regular) to make a new retainer. If you have your tooth model, contact us and we can possibly make a new one and mail it to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see which type of retainer you are in or if you can go back to a previous Invisalign tray.
What if I Have a Wire Poking?
First we suggest taking a look at the video on our YouTube page that covers this.
Dry the area off with a paper towel. Place a small amount of orthodontic wax over the part of the wire that is protruding. If the wire has become bent at the end, you can try using tweezers or a pencil eraser to adjust it, or a pair of nail scissors to clip the wire.
How Can I Get in Touch with You?
For now, the best way to contact us is to email email@example.com and we will answer as soon as possible. You can also message us on Facebook or Instagram @gluckorthodontics. Or, you can call the office emergency phone at 615-815-7980 and leave a message.
We appreciate your patience and are trying our best to stay in close contact with our patients and their families. We will update you frequently here as we know more about the upcoming days. In the meantime, enjoy time with your family and stay safe!