Confident about Invisalign. Why should I feel confidence with Invisalign clear aligners? Have you already gone through years of painful braces and then conveniently lost your retainer somewhere along the way, so now your teeth have moderately shifted, requiring additional straightening? Perhaps you never got braces in your younger years, and your somewhat crooked smile is bothering you. In this post, we’ll show to how to boss it and be confident about Invisalign treatment. Let’s get cracking.
People Also Ask
- Why should I feel confident about Invisalign treatment?
- Why should you consider Invisalign?
- Confidence issues…will it get better?
How It Works
- Firstly, to feel confidence, you will want to choose a competent and reliable Orthodontist practice, such as Gluck Orthodontics. Dr. Gluck has extensive practice in the application of the following process, and he can help you to decide if this treatment is right for your specific situation. The actual Invisalign treatment product is a series of clear aligners, braces that are designed to be removable and comfortable.
- The goal of Invisalign braces is that nobody will know you are wearing them. These aligners work in a gradual and gentle manner, based on predetermined movements that your orthodontist has carefully planned. Consequently, you or your teen will wear each set of trays for two weeks throughout the duration of your treatment.
- As opposed to braces that require frequent trips to the orthodontist, Invisalign clear aligners only requires you to check in every 10-12 weeks. This is to make sure the movement of your teeth is happening according to plan. Fewer trips to your Orthodontist means more time with your family and friends. You can expect the treatment to take 10-14 months, which equals about 15-30 trays, varying from person to person.
Benefits Compared to Braces
- While the shifting of teeth with Invisalign clear aligners might be slightly uncomfortable at times, there are no wires or brackets causing pain and sores in your mouth. Braces can cause tooth decay due to something as simple as forgetting to floss. When running between soccer practice and the grocery store, sometimes a day or two of flossing is sacrificed. Think about a world where you’re working toward your perfect smile without worrying about food being stuck in your braces after lunch.
- Furthermore, eating with braces is no longer an issue. Being confident is a no-brainer. You can continue to eat all your favorite foods, such as popcorn, bagels, apples, and pizza, as you can remove the trays before meals. Also, a broken bracket emergency will never interrupt your daily schedule. In fact, Invisalign braces are so simple and non-intrusive that there is very rarely any reason for an emergency Orthodontist appointment.
Benefits Compared to Veneers
- Perhaps you were considering getting veneers to achieve that smile you’ve been aiming for. The process of getting veneers is permanent and only hides any imperfections. Rather than fixing periodontal problems, it actually makes them harder to deal with should anything go wrong in the future, because the live tooth is covered by the veneer. In order to achieve this look, the enamel of the tooth needs to be removed, and this is a process that can never be reversed.
- Veneers can be quite pricey and should be replaced every five-10 years. The early morning coffee or after dinner glass of wine that you enjoy has the potential to stain veneers, causing discoloration. Finally, veneers are prone to chipping and cracking, so you need to always be cautious of what you are eating and what activities you partake in. Invisalign braces can help you achieve the same results with virtually none of the same risks.
- Invisalign, in comparison to metal braces are different in many ways. The best part is you can feel confidence with Invisalign while gong through treatment, whereas metal braces mean a whole lot of hiding and apologizing. Less pain with Invisalign is another plus when weighing the pros and cons. Invisalign also makes for treatment without wax and gum sores.
Saying Goodbye to Traditional Impressions
- If the idea of getting traditional impressions, which tend to be goopy, messy, and cause gagging, is keeping you from starting the Invisalign treatment process with Dr. Gluck, a Platinum provider in Nashville, you will be excited to read about the new iTero Digital Impressions System. This system eliminates all the gunk and putty while capturing an incredibly accurate digital impression.
- The iTero allows the Orthodontist to view your teeth in 3D, instantly. This means no more suffering through multiple attempting of trying to get a perfect impression, and it allows for greater levels of communication during your consultation and treatment. You will be able to see the same images the doctor sees, eliminating any confusion or questions.
Technology Behind the iTero
- The iTero employs the latest optical technology to efficiently capture the teeth and gum structures. While you may be expecting a large and bulky machine to do the job, the iTero is a small, hand-held wand. You don’t have to cringe anymore when your Orthodontist tells you that they need to redo the impressions, as it can be painlessly stopped and started until the results are perfect. The technology is a radiation-free laser, and the entire process can take only 15 minutes.
You Can Be Confident About Invisalign
- The benefits of Invisalign over braces and veneers are numerous. You can avoid being “that mom” with braces. There are no embarrassing wires and bands to be seen. The durable plastic trays are, as the name suggests, invisible. Accordingly, The Gluck doctors know that your time is precious, and with Invisalign treatment, you only have to make a trip to his office every 10-12 weeks while you change your trays every two weeks at home. In a little over a year, you can feel confident in your smile and join in all those family photos you have been avoiding.
- Lastly, dinners out and vacations also mean that you still get to enjoy your favorite foods. What would a good movie be without a bowl of popcorn? Plus, the process of impressions is far from what you remember, with no mess and no discomfort. Today, you can rely on iTero digital impressions to help predetermine your course of trays. Invisalign users are all saying the same thing.
2002 Richard Jones Road
Suite A-200 Nashville, TN 37215
Confident About Invisalign in 2020 | READ WHY YOU SHOULD BE
Dr. Joel Gluck has practiced orthodontics since 1983 when he opened his own office in Nashville. He earned his undergraduate degree at Washington University in St. Louis, and his dental degree at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Gluck then completed an orthodontic specialty residency at the University of Michigan, one of the top five orthodontic training residencies in the country. He also wrote an original thesis and received a Master of Science degree.