Last Updated on
To maximize the benefits of your orthodontic treatment, you need to make sure that the orthodontist performs it under the ideal conditions. With that being said, you may wonder if you can have braces put on if you have a root canal. You may wonder if you will still be able to get braces if you have crowns. You may even be thinking about your fillings or other conditions that you have within your oral cavity. The following text can answer those questions for you and a few more concerns that you may have.
- 1 People Also Ask
- 2 People are Talking Too!…
- 3 Can I Get Braces if I Have a Root Canal?
- 4 Visit Us For a FREE Consultation
People Also Ask
- How long after a root canal can I get braces?
- Should I get a crown before or after braces?
- Can I get braces with a broken tooth?
- Can I get braces if I have cavities?
People are Talking Too!…
Can I Get Braces if I Have a Root Canal?
- A common question that many orthodontic patients ask is, “Can I put braces if I have a root canal?” It’s a fair inquiry to make considering the construct of the tooth with the root canal. However, you can feel at ease about it because it is perfectly safe to get braces if you have a root canal. If you wonder, “Can I put braces if I have a root canal?” the answer is yes.
- The orthodontist will use his or her best judgment to install a corrective system that preserves the integrity of your root canal work. You should allow enough time to pass after your root canal surgery before you get braces.
Will the Orthodontist Allow Me to Have Braces if I Have Crowns?
- Another common question that comes into the office is, “Will the orthodontist allow me to have braces if I have crowns?” The quick answer is yes. Many people have braces put on after they have root canal surgery and after they have received crowns. You can still get the same treatment, but it may be a little less aggressive than it would be for someone who did not have crowns.
- The orthodontist may choose to move the teeth at a slower pace, and he or she may monitor you carefully during your treatment to make sure that nothing goes amiss with your crowns. The process can still be done, though. You can still end up with that beautiful smile that you want.
What Happens if I Get Braces With Crowns or Root Canal?
- Now you may be curious about the movement of your teeth when you get braces. You may want to ask, “Does having root canal or crowns affect the movement of the teeth if I have braces?” There is no one-size-fits-all answer to “Does having root canal or crowns affect the movement of the teeth if I have braces?” because everybody’s situation is unique.
- You can have a minor malalignment problem or severe malalignment problem. Thus, it’s a difficult inquiry to answer without seeing you.
- It is possible that your existing crowns and root canal could affect the movement of your teeth. However, that’s where the skill of the orthodontist enters. That’s why it’s crucial for you to choose someone who has exercised extraordinary talent in handling corrective work. It’s not the appliances that are going to get you an ideal smile. It’s the work of the orthodontist who takes care of you.
Can I Get Braces if I Have Fillings?
- You can get a set of braces if you have fillings. They will not pose a problem with your corrective system. However, you will have to increase and enhance your dental hygiene efforts during your treatment. You have to make use of special tools to help you get into the crevices of your teeth while your brackets are in place.
- Your attention to detail will help avoid the need for new fillings while you’re getting the treatment.
Can I Get Braces if I Have Tooth Decay or Gum Disease?
- Your orthodontist wants to give you the best possibility of having a perfect smile. Therefore, you should have braces put on at an ideal time. If you are currently experiencing tooth decay or gum disease, you should make efforts to resolve those issues first. The reason is that you wouldn’t want the situation to progress while you have the braces in place. That might require their removal in the middle of your treatment. Therefore, it’s always best to take care of that first.
- In the case of periodontal disease, it would depend on the condition of your bone and the vulnerability of the affected teeth. Treatment is not out of the question, and again, a skilled orthodontist will be able to develop an effective treatment plan. This person could also recommend an alternative corrective system. There are many options available today that don’t limit you to traditional braces. You may want to inquire about Invisalign or one of the many other options. The orthodontist will work diligently to create a treatment plan that will be gentle on your sensitive teeth while still doing its job.
Can I Get Braces With a Dental Implant?
- You might be thinking about whether you can get braces if you have an existing dental implant. That’s a good question, and yes, it can be done. It’s important to note that braces cannot move an implant. Your orthodontist is going to have to create a system that moves the surrounding teeth.
- However, it’s quite possible for you to get the help that you need even if you have a dental implant. Skilled orthodontists can make just about anything work. The consultation will reveal more about your unique situation.
Visit Us For a FREE Consultation
Now that you’re a little bit more familiar with the abilities and any possible restrictions that you may have with braces, you need to schedule an appointment. An experienced orthodontist can talk to you in full detail about the treatment plan that you desire and the options that you have.
Technology has advanced vastly within the alignment correction realm. Many things are possible in the present that were not possible years ago. Therefore, you can feel confident that your orthodontist will come up with an effective strategy for you. Start your alignment correction journey today by getting in touch with an orthodontist now.
Like what you read? Comment below or CLICK on an APP LOGO to follow us and share the conversation
2002 Richard Jones Road
Nashville, TN 37215
Phone: 615 269 5903
Can I have Braces with Root Canal or Crowns? (ANSWERS HERE)
Dr. Joel Gluck has practiced orthodontics since 1983 when he opened his own office in Nashville. He earned his undergraduate degree at Washington University in St. Louis, and his dental degree at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Gluck then completed an orthodontic specialty residency at the University of Michigan, one of the top five orthodontic training residencies in the country. He also wrote an original thesis and received a Master of Science degree.